Thursday 23 August 2012

A TALE OF TWO MEETINGS--- PARTY AND PURPOSE

The contrast of these two meetings in two days with our friends---set me thinking.

This meeting was about fun.  A party with crab legs, lobster tails and all the fixings.  Also light,lively
conversation with lots of laughter.
 
Next day, this group (plus me) gathered to exchange ideas--to enrich ourselves. We had focused conversation where everyone participated.  I think we all went away feeling enlarged.
 
RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  Conversations are of 4 kinds:
1. Ritual---(hello how are you etc)
2. Pastime-----cars, sports, gossip,trivia.
3. Work talk
4. Intimate talk----what you really feel---want---think--have done.
I think that intimate talk is the only kind that can stimulate personal growth---the elevation of our being.  I think we all want more than fun---even more than happiness.  We want the satisfaction that comes from personal growth and making a contribution.   

No comments:

Post a Comment