Tuesday 27 July 2010

ULTIMATE KODGER LOCATED AND PHOTOGRAPHED

AS THE WALTZ ACROSS WYOMING CONTINUES. The Wind River Mountains north of Pinedale---we've decided to go there.
While I'm gasssing up, Nicole wanders into this remote mountain bar for information.

And engages these two guys----one of them turns out to be the ultimate Codger. Which do you think it is?


It's this one----a supermodel for codgerism. And that look on his face--only a beautiful woman can wake up a dusty face with this kind of glow. I arrived just in time to capture it.



They told us how to penetrate the mountains and where a good campsite was. We went there--- And then I got us into this impossible situation---obstacles and holes all around---blocking the road. Nicole with a pleasant smile said: "would you like me to handle this?" I surrendered control---stood back and watched a professional at work. Without hesitation and with a few easy twist of her wrist she BACKED the rig out of trouble, across the road, down a hill and into the campsite. I cheered and photographed the moment.




Modest as she is, she couldn't resist a smile of triumph. Humanity take note---the bullshit barriers of sexism are broken---A womans place is where she wishes to be.





See where she put it? A great spot. We stayed two days.
Here's a better view. And guess what----IT'S FREE. ---- OH SWEET PEOPLE--WON'T YOU BE CONVINCED THAT THE GOOD LIFE IS AVAILABLE AT MINIMAL COST---THERE IS NO NEED TO GRUNT AND SWEAT UNDER A WEARY LIFE---OR TO WAIT TILL OLD AGE CREAKS YOUR BONES.
Our nearest neighbor------you know I wanted the story---didn't get it. But I take the opportunity to remind you of Thoreau's comment on Teepees: Hardly a man in Concord owns his house--spends a lifetime paying for it---and the house owns the man. The Indians, in a month, could build a cozy home--as good as his neighbors---servicable for a lifetime----AND PORTABLE. ( I would not swap my trailer for a mansion.)
Here's a sensible thing to do with one's time----took him 3 hours to paint his picture.
Nearby waterfall enroute to the wonderful Granite Hot Springs. I was having such a good time I failed to get a single picture of it.
Nicole at the wheel! ------After her parking demonstration we both agreed that she should do the driving----and so it was for the remainder of the trip. I loved it--- very comforting to be in the hands of a pro!

I'm anxious to tell you of our conversations and some of the interesting notions inside that pretty head-----I'll wait, however, till I've covered the rest of our trip. Next up: Jackson Hole, Wyoming











No comments:

Post a Comment