Friday 5 October 2012

ONLY RVERS CAN BE THE PERFECT GUEST

ALL OTHERS --LIKE FISH---WILL SMELL IN THREE DAYS--OR LESS.
 
 
This is my rig about 3 days ago parked at my friends' house near Santa Fe.  The tiny trailer was a previous home of mine which I sold to him. Can you see the huge array of solar panels back there?
They completely power his household and shop.  The surplus is sold to the power company---- payoff time is about 7 yrs.
 
My oldest friend--of 39 years--lives here.  Lets me claim this as my official residence for legal purposes. He built it himself--a real adobe structure---with a real "slingshot" thermal effect: Slow to heat up and cool down---counteracting hot days and chilly nights.
 
Lets me store my Hobi-cat sailboat here.  Would anyone out there like to buy it?  Will take $400 for it and the trailer. Contact me if interested: randythepoet@yahoo.com
 
NOW TO DESCRIBE THE PERFECT GUEST:
 
1. Comes to enjoy the mind of his host
2. Needs only a parking place.
3. Does not eat the hosts' food.
4. Sleep in his house.
5. Use his bathroom, his water, his electricity.
6. Does not Leave garbage, make noise.
7. Does not disrupt his lifestyle or be a nusiance.
8. Comes to enjoy the company of his host, gives him the best of your attention when he wants it and leaves before he wants you to.
9. Looks for ways to do some good while you are there. (this taught to me by Arnold Ecklund my mentor and travel companion for many adventures)
 
RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES: As you can see, ONLY RVers can be the perfect guest.  All others to a greater or lesser degree quickly become a pain in the ass.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment