TEN MONTHS AGO WE SET AN IDEA IN MOTION: WHY NOT WANDER TOGETHER-- FOR THE FUN OF IT-----AND AS WE GO---"CREATE A MORE PERFECT UNION"----INVENTING A NEW KIND OF COMMUNITY---- COMMITTED TO "CHAMPION" ONE ANOTHER TO BE OUR HIGHEST SELF.
It began down there---after the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous---Laurie, Kathy and I alone on the desert began to consider a new kind of tribe. (our friend Joyce flew us over our campsite)
Reassembled in the forest near Silver City, NM. Lynn and Boonie have joined us. Lots of activity in town. I leave awhile for dental work in Mexico.
Then Boonie leads our troup to the mountaintop near Glenwood, NM. Peg rolls in for a visit.
Next Boonie takes us to the cool---9000 ft elevation outside Springerville, Az. Mark and Ginger join us.
Sometimes later, the tribe moves on to Bluewater State Park near Grants, NM---for a 3 week stay. Our adventures there are recorded elsewhere in this blog.
Thence to Heron Lake State Park near Chama, NM---elevation 7000 ft. Perhaps our favorite stop. Wayne wirs visits as does Bushrod with his sailboat---Jim Jaillete is also here. We recruit Tish to come with us and make a new friend in Chris. (see "meet a queen of the road")
Then to Storrie Lake St Park near Las Vegas, NM for awhile.
After a visit with my friend Bushrod in Santa Fe---I convened with the gang at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. Nearly every day you see this sight.
RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES: For 10 months we have adventured together And kept our pledge--to champion each other. Folks have dipped in and out of the caravan---and we have attracted new friends to join us in various places.
SO WHAT HAVE I LEARNED??
1. That it's very satisfying to be connected with friends who do not need you but enjoy you.
2. That a cluster of six to eight feels right. More might also be good.
3.That the essential difference between our group and ordinary RVcaravans is that we COMMIT UP FRONT to champion each other to be our highest self. (This means that we are not afraid to engage at a meaningful level. To go beyond mere RITUAL and PASTIME chatter---- to share what we really THINK, WANT,FEEL,HAVE DONE. Also to allign our energies from time to time in fun projects.
4. That a blend of solitude and society seems most satisfying. That intervals of solitude are sweeter when you know you are connected.
5. That we who have dared to embark on this hero's journey need three major things: MOBILITY---MEANING and CONNECTION. A good connection with special friends can help generate personal meaning.
6. That a group traveling together slowly creates a comfortable CULTURE. (traditions--inside jokes etc)
7. That the BONUS OF HUMAN ASSOCIATION is real: Put in one unit of something (energy, attention, creativity, effort) and get back many times the worth of your contribution. This is why humans tribalized in the first place.
8. That it's best to travel alone when moving to the next campsite. When 2 or more travel together you tend to pass up things that interest you.
9. That it feels so good to go adventuring with friends and to engage at at meaningful level---That we will just continue the caravan into winter. If this seems like your cup of tea---feel free to visit us at the Sandia Casino in Albuquerque or at our next stop: Elephant Butte St Park, NM.