Monday 30 January 2012

THE FACE OF EVIL

EVIL IS A FORCE FOR HARMFUL EFFECTS---IT LIVES BEHIND A FACE--INSIDE A HEAD---IT IS AN IDEA---A VALUE---AN ATTITUDE.  It comes in three forms that I can think of: ECONOMIC---RELIGIOUS---IDEOLOGICAL.  Today I'm going after Economic evil.  I can only show you the face where it resides---AND I WILL!
This day I have thought of a question so carefully constructed that it will OUT (reveal, disclose, make known) an economically evil idea and attitude.  I will go find an investment banker and ask the question.  If the answer is yes---I will have outed an evil idea.
I wangled my way into the office of an investment banker and after establishing some rapport I asked the question.


Here he is in the very act of answering the question. (I have distorted the image slightly out of consideration for him)  He answered the question with a resounding YES.
HERE IS THE QUESTION:  Feel free to try it on your banker.: IF YOU COULD BROKER A DEAL TODAY THAT WOULD RESULT IN A BILLION DOLLAR PAYOFF FOR YOURSELF---WOULD YOU FEEL OK ABOUT IT?
HE SAID "YES"---and added:  "that's capitalism---profit--is the American way---it is honorable."
"but this much profit?"  I said---"for a simple days work".  "Yes," he said again, "Brokered payoffs are called transactional wealth----and transactions have made America the financial juggernaut that it is."

RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  Oh sweet readers--I think I have taken you with me into the den of devils.  This man does not know that VAST OVERCOMPENSATION FOR THE FEW DIMINISHES THE REST OF US---DISTORTS THE ECONOMY--- THAT  UNBOUNDED GREED IS IMPOVERISHING THE MASSES. THAT NAKED CAPITALISM SORELY NEEDS TO BE CREATIVELY TWEAKED. (Not dismissed--understand---just tweaked) What it needs is 1. OVERSIGHT 2. CAREFULLY MODERATED TAXATION 3. WEALTH RECYCLING WHEN THE SUPER WEALTHY DIE (i.e. Death taxes---again---carefully moderated) (Wealth is earned in a context--the wealthy owe something to the context)   

No comments:

Post a Comment