Sunday 10 January 2010

LIVING RENT-FREE IN PARADISE

BELIEVE IT: 50 or so rigs parked in quiet luxury---living rent-free in paradise--a lovely tree and grass lined parking lot, far from traffic but near to every conceivable convenience, with all RV services free (dump, water, trash), and unlimited stay. Of the hundreds of free camping places in the Southwest, this is the finest. So perfect that I doubt it will last---Too good to be true? Yeah, seems that way to me---but here I am for a 5th consecutive year at Americas 2nd best free camping place. (#1 is Valley River Mall in Eugene, Oregon) I choose not to reveal its location--but many of my readers will instantly recognize it as one of their favorites also. I will say that it is a gift to the RVing world from the first Americans----much appreciated.
below: My rig and Paul's--my solar panels raised.
Someone, for some reason keeps the place clean and manicured---asks no questions, entering or leaving---charges nothing!
below: I have a very bold visitor--right outside my door---does not want bread---wants meat--demands meat--I throw weiner bits----aaaahhh, that's better it said---stayed awhile--posing for its dinner. For the unfamiliar---this of course is the famous and fearless roadrunner--killer and eater of snakes---eternal nemesis of cartoon character, Wiley E Coyote.
below: Surprise! A long-time friend Ranger Brad is sharing paradise with us.
Guy buzzes by on this---we give chase on our bikes---he explains his $150 easy to install engine that gives 120 mpg.
below: always wanted to see one of these (wickieup?) in construction. I think I could build one if need be.
Completed, they are a servicable, breeze allowing, rain shedding, sun blocking shelter. The mud layer on the roof was news to me---nice and cool inside.
Bicycle trails along both sides of a lovely canal. Free boat rides in it if you wish.
Not sure where they get all this water--but there seems to be no shortage.
And if all these perks weren't enough--check out this magnificent art work entitled dinnertime.
But wait! There's more. A stone's throw away is free entertainment--a really good western town. P.S. Notice I'm losing weight. I'll be skinny as a post by summer.TO ALL YOU WANNABEES out there--yearning to breathe free: Take note: It is possible to live rent-free----once you achieve SELF CONTAINMENT (turtle-like self sufficiency)---a movable rig with bed, bath, water, power, holding tanks, lights-----NOT THAT DIFFICULT to buy or build--as I have done.
The North American plains Indians are generally credited with being the freest people who ever lived---How curiously ironic that they now give so generously to the race that took their freedom away.



No comments:

Post a Comment